The nurse’s role in healthcare has never been more relevant or respected. Implementation of the Affordable Care Act wouldn’t be possible without these care-focused and cost-effective medical professionals. The graduate nursing program at Holy Names University prepares nurses with all levels of experience to advance their careers. Whether you’re interested in meeting the demand for family nurse practitioners or you’re planning to pursue an administrative role, our highly experienced and supportive faculty will make sure you achieve your goals.
- With the exception of the RN to MSN program, all Master of Science in Nursing degrees can be completed in two years with innovative weekend programming.
- The convenient class schedule accommodates working nurses. Hybrid classes meet just one weekend a month, and students complete the rest of the work online.
- Nurses who complete the family nurse practitioner MSN or certificate program meet Board of Registered Nursing standards to apply for the nurse practitioner certificate in the State of California. They are also prepared to sit for the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) and the AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners) certification examinations.
- Faculty members have extensive experience in nursing and are passionate about helping their students succeed. A small program means that students benefit from plenty of individualized attention.
- Our Nursing Simulation Center offers 3,600 square feet of training modules. This state-of-the-art resource was built in 2013.
- The University’s social justice values provide a strong foundation for students entering service professions such as nursing. Founded on the understanding that health belongs to all people, HNU’s nursing program prepares students to serve the community.
Download the HNU Department of Nursing philosophy and mission statement