Currently not accepting new students in this program.
The focus is personal and social transformation—an alternative to conventional degrees and programs: make your life count by becoming a change agent. Sophia is about a new cultural paradigm led by professionals who have experienced themselves “ecological conversion.”
- Ecology: is the number one ethical issue facing humanity in the 21st century—although still largely hidden from many/most, addressing it is absolutely critical to any human future.
- The Deeper Causes: for the environmental crisis are cultural and religious—something Sophia has had as its focus for decades (Thomas Berry, Teilhard de Chardin, and the major interpreters). Pope Francis’ encyclical has finally put spiritually and ethics on the public agenda on ecology.
- Spirituality: People are eager for access to religious and spiritual wisdom: many know that they are completely clueless about spiritual traditions and their history of deep meanings.
- Practical applications: This program is not merely theoretical, but leads students towards practical orientations and contexts, including internships, which prepare them to be change-agents grounded in the Sophia vision.
- Designed for adult learners: The learning modalities are easily accessible to busy adults, requiring minimal on-campus engagement, blending online learning with intensive on-campus weekends.