The nurse’s role in healthcare has never been more relevant or respected. Implementation of the Affordable Care Act wouldn’t be possible without these care-focused and cost-effective medical professionals. The graduate nursing program at Holy Names University prepares nurses with all levels of experience to advance their careers. Whether you’re interested in meeting the demand for family nurse practitioners or you’re planning to pursue an administrative role, our highly experienced and supportive faculty will make sure you achieve your goals.
- With the exception of the ADN to MSN program, all Master of Science in Nursing degrees can be completed in two years with innovative weekend programming.
- The convenient class schedule accommodates working nurses. Hybrid classes meet just one weekend a month, and students complete the rest of the coursework online.
- Nurses who complete the family nurse practitioner MSN or certificate program meet Board of Registered Nursing standards to apply for the nurse practitioner certificate in the State of California. They are also eligible to sit for the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) and the AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners) certification examinations.
- Faculty members have extensive experience in nursing and are passionate about helping their students succeed. A small program means that students benefit from plenty of individualized attention.
- The state-of-the-art Nursing Simulation Center provides students with hands-on training.
- The MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
Download the HNU Department of Nursing philosophy statement here and the mission statement here.
Click here to view learning outcomes for this program.
Find our program handbooks below:
Learn more about possible partnership discounts!
HNU is pleased to offer a discounted tuition rate to students who are employed by one of the following contract hospitals: any Dignity Health hospital, Washington Medical Center, John Muir Medical Center (Walnut Creek and Concord campuses), ValleyCare Hospital, all facilities under Alameda Health System, San Mateo Medical Center, and Stanford Medical Center.
Students are required to show proof of employment by a contract hospital in order to receive the tuition discount. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at (510) 436-1351 email@example.com.