Early Admit Program
We believe in your potential!
If you are a freshman from the Oakland Unified School District, Oakland Catholic Diocese Schools, or the West Contra Costa School District, we are offering you an opportunity for guaranteed admission to Holy Names University, provided you meet certain requirements in high school which have been identified as strong predictors of college success.
Students will be admitted to Holy Names with a scholarship when they graduate from high school if they have fulfilled several conditions. The students are given a contract which articulates the particular courses and grade-point-average required to then enter Holy Names upon completion of high school without having to apply for admission or take the standardized tests.
This is a program rooted in the Mission of the University, which seeks to provide access to higher education for students from underserved communities. Through the program, we seek to collaborate with the school district and non-profit organizations in these communities to further a college-going culture, whereby more students are not only graduating from high school, but realizing that higher education is attainable.
- Oakland Unified School District schools to be included: Arise High School, Castlemont Schools, Envision High School, Far West High School, Fremont Schools, Leadership Preparatory High School, Life Academy, Lighthouse High School, Mandela High School, McClymonds High School, Met West High School, Oakland High School, Oakland International High School, Oakland School for the Arts, Oakland Technical High School, Skyline High School, Street Academy, and Unity High School
- Oakland Catholic schools to be included: Holy Names High School, St. Elizabeth’s High School, and St. Joseph’s/Notre Dame High School
- West Contra Costa School District schools to be included: De Anza High School, El Cerrito High School, Gompers High School, Hercules High School, John F. Kennedy High School, Middle College High School, Pinole Valley High School, Richmond High School and Vista High School. Additional schools within the West Contra Costa Community to be included: El Sobrante High School, Leadership Public School and West Community High School.
Interested? Learn More
- 9th Graders from WCCUSD and OUSD schools will be sent an Admissions Letter and contract
- The program is only for guaranteed admission to Holy Names University and does not guarantee on campus housing for students admitted through the program
- Students are admitted as Undeclared and have an opportunity to select a major at the time of enrollment
- Students must notify HNU by April 1 of their senior year of high school if they intend to enroll
- The application and contract will express the agreement that students will be guaranteed admission to HNU as college freshman, provided they meet the following requirements:
- Full Completion of A-G requirements as defined by the UC system (described within)
- Achieve high school graduation
- Minimum academic GPA of 2.7 (minimum grade of B- in all Math and Science courses required for guaranteed admission to the 2+2 Nursing program) in the A-G courses.
- Students will be guaranteed scholarship assistance on a sliding scale based on GPA
- Students who satisfy the above requirements with a GPA of 3.3 or greater AND demonstrate high financial need will be provided a scholarship (up to $20,000) which will attempt to meet the bulk of tuition not covered by state and federal gift aid assistance
- Students sign and return the contract with the understanding that when they reach 12th grade, HNU will have the right to access their transcripts to verify satisfaction of all requirements.
Students who meet the minimum requirements for the program listed above are guaranteed a minimum scholarship in the amount of $9,000. Students who exceed the minimum GPA criteria may qualify for additional scholarship assistance money. Those students who demonstrate significant financial need may also qualify for additional tuition assistance grant money. The intention is that most or all of the cost of tuition will be covered by a combination of HNU, state, and federal gift aid assistance.
- Enrollment Form and Contract
Attention 9th graders!
Early Admit Program
Enrollment Form and Contract
— Enrollment Form (PDF)
— Contract (PDF)
— Contract (En Español)
Mail in the form and signed contract to:
Holy Names University
Office of Admissions
3500 Mountain Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94619
After we receive the form and contract, you will receive your admissions letter in the mail and you are officially enrolled in the program.
If you have any questions, please call (510) 436-1368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have Questions? We're here to help
Contact the Admissions Office of Holy Names University for more details at (800) 430-1321 or email us at email@example.com.
Dates to Remember