Community and Visitors
Holy Names University Hosts White House Entrepreneurship Forum on Friday, August 12, 2011
The White House is holding Urban Entrepreneurship Forums across the country to discuss best practices with urban entrepreneurs and to hear feedback on how the Obama Administration and the private sector can best support growth and success in the global economy. The Forum will showcase resources available to entrepreneurs, and create a process for addressing local challenges facing entrepreneurs.
Desley Brooks, Oakland Vice Mayor and City Council Member, arranged for Oakland to host one of these forums. Holy Names University (HNU) will host this Forum on Friday, August 12, 2011, from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Valley Center for the Performing Arts on HNU’s campus.
Featured speakers and resources will include:
- Ari Matusiak - Executive Director, White House Business Council
- William J. Hynes, Ph.D. - President, Holy Names University
- Joe Kennedy - CEO, Pandora
- Marisa Lee - Senior Advisor to the Deputy Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Darien Louie - Director, Public & Private Partnerships, Eastbay Community Foundation
- Kristen Tobey - CEO Revolution Foods
- Orson Aguilar - Executive Director, Greenling Institute
- Tricia Kerney- Willis, Manager, U.S. Dept of Treasury
- Felecia Pierson - Managing Director, OBDC Small Business Finance
- Robert Davenport - Managing Partner, Brightpath Capital Partners
Space is limited.
To reserve tickets, go to: www.whitehouseentrepreneursoakland.eventbrite.com »
Individuals and businesses interested in more information should contact:
Desley Brooks, Vice Mayor, (510) 238-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can watch the event streaming live on Operation Hope's Ustream page here »
Holy Names University
3500 Mountain Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94619