Holy Names University seeks an Administrative Assistant to act as the central communications coordinator for the Education Department and as support to the faculty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The position duties include directly assisting the Chair of Graduate Education with special projects, correspondence, calendar management and confidential budgetary matters. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for basic clerical and administrative tasks for the Education Department; hiring, training and supervising student staff; assists in the hiring and on boarding of part-time faculty for the Education Department as well as assisting the Chair and other Division staff as needed.
The position will also include the following duties:
• Serves as assistant to the Chair, assisting with ongoing projects, budgetary matters; correspondence and schedule management
• Serves as initial contact/reception for the Education Department, assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors by responding to questions, providing information and making appropriate referrals
• Assists in hiring and training Education Department work-study student assistants for the Department;
• Maintain inventory and book keeping throughout the year; process all requisitions and payments
•Assists in the hiring and on boarding of part-time faculty for the Education Department.
• Performs various general administrative assistant and clerical duties.
Requires some college, and progressively responsible administrative assistant experience; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, excellent verbal and written communications skills (bilingual desirable), office organizational skills, and ability to set up systems for tracking and monitoring ongoing activities of the department. Ability to relate to persons from a broad range of backgrounds is a must. Prior experience in a college/university setting is desirable, with a general understanding of student development and leadership education. This is a Full-time position.
For consideration applicants should submit the Holy Names University Employment Application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be requested to undergo a required background screen. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.