My Hours This Week and Next (Sept 20-Oct 1):Drop-in Hours: Make appointments in advance or drop-in. Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 12:30 pm-2:00 pm in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80), with the exception of Tuesday, Sept. 28, the day of the SmartBoard training. RSVP to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to join us! See more details below. Appointment Only Hours: Monday 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Suggest or Share a Mac Tip!
- Do you have a burning question about how to do a task on your Mac? Do you have a Mac tip of your own to share? Please send them my way!Kudos again to Ann Alderman, Chair of the Arts and Humanities Dept., for guessing this week’s tip too! Here’s what she said in response to last week’s tip on how to remove program icons from the dock:”Another thing I learned about removing icons: if Hide and dragging do not work, it’s because the program is running in the background.”
——————————————————————————————————–Mac Tip of the Week: Unveiling the Secret of the Blue Dots!Have you noticed that some of the program icons on your dock have blue dots under them? What do they mean? How do you make them disappear?
- The blue dots indicate that although you may have closed an application’s window, it is still running in the background, to provide quick access when you need it again. To completely exit from a program, without it running in the background, you must quit it rather than close it.
- To quit an application (and make the blue dots go away), follow these easy steps.
- Reminder to RSVP for the SmartBoard Workshop Tuesday, Sept. 28 12:30-2:00pm:
- RSVP to me at email@example.com to join us as we learn the magical powers of the SmartBoard!How to Use the SmartBoard & Document Camera Workshop:
- We are pleased to announce a SmartBoard Workshop on Tuesday, September 28 12:30 – 2:00pm in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80). Colby Henard of in2change, our SmartBoard vendor, will give us an overview on how you can use the SmartBoard and Document camera to enhance learning in your classes.
Please RSVP to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.Feel free to join us even if you can only attend part of the workshop. For those of you who can’t make it, I would be happy to schedule individual training with you for after the workshop date.Thanks to Elena Olkhovskaya, Director of Information Technology, for arranging the workshop.