Are there programs (applications) that you regularly use that aren’t in your dock and what is the dock anyway?The dock is much like the desktop in Windows. It provide shortcuts to your most used programs (applications). When you first get a Mac, the Dock comes with a default set of shortcuts, but it is likely some of your favorite applications aren’t included. When you open an application, you will notice that its icon will appear in the Dock. However, the icon will disappear when you quit the application. To permanently add applications to your Dock, follow these easy steps:1) Open the Application that you would like to add to the Dock.2) Locate the application’s icon in the Dock and put the cursor over it for example, the Microsoft Word Icon icon. 3) Right-click and then put your cursor over Options.4) Click on Keep in Dock. The icon will permanently live in the dock (unless you remove it) and will provide a quick and easy way to open your favorite applications!
Visit the Library
- Hawk Bytes: Collaborate Available in Blackboard through December
- Faculty Technology Development Update – Founders’Day Edition
- Faculty Technology Development Update – April 18 – 24
- Faculty Technology Development Update – Week of March 27 – April 2
- Faculty Technology Development Update – Week of March 20 – 26