My Hours This Week (Oct 11-17):Drop-in Hours: Make appointments in advance or drop-in. Tuesday 12:30 – 2:00 pm & Thursday 12:30 – 1:30 pm in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80)Appointment Only Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm————————————————————————————————————————————————-Workshop Postponement: Student-Generated Content Workshop Oct. 13 Due to a scheduling conflict with our Apple Representative, Wednesday’s Student-Generated Content Workshop has been postponed. This conflict may also impact the workshop scheduled for October 27th.
I will provide more details as soon as they are available. ————————————————————————————————————————————————-Upcoming Event: Library of the Future, Tuesday, October 19, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Location: Technology Support Center (Brennan 80)What will the library of the future look like? Come hear Gary Gorka, Executive Director of the Archbishop Alemany Library at Dominican University, who will share a visual tour of the major renovations and changes he has brought to his library as well as his insights on the direction of libraries in the near future.Refreshments will be served, and attendees will have a chance to “whiteboard” their ideas to share with us as well.
- Mac Tip of the Week: Where is the Mac’s Control Panel? Much like the Control Panel in Windows, Systems Preferences is where you go on the Mac in order control various settings such as printers, users, desktop and appearance settings, dock behavior, etc. This tip will show you how to access the System Preferences on your Mac.————————————————————————————————————————————————-
- More From the SmartBoard and Document Camera Workshop Sept. 28:
- This is what one faculty member had to say after the workshop:
- “Thanks for the informative session! I am amazed at the technology available and the tutorial helped me think of ways to use it in the classroom!
- I am available for individual training & practice sessions with the SmartBoard and Document Camera. Just let me know how I help!