Minor network changes this weekend through Monday could lead to occasional interruptions in service to our electronic library resources. This would impact not only our scholarly databases but our eBook collections, RefWorks, and anything else you normally log in to.
But on the bright side, this will help spiff up the undercarriage of our network, and it’s a great opportunity to check out our newest “pbooks” (paper books), which range from that sudden bestseller, Just Love, to titles such as…
- David Talbot, Season of the Witch (San Francisco between 1967 and 1982)
- Sarah Vowell, Unfamiliar Fishes (the funniest history of the year 1898 you will ever read)
- Alison Bechdel, Are You My Mother? (a graphic memoir, simultaneously gloomy and funny)
- Anna Quindlen, Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake (witty ruminations on aging)
- Robert A. Caro, The Passage of Power (some say Caro’s bios of Lyndon Johnson are required reading for managers)
Bon appetit, and we’ll keep you posted on the network issues!