Tag Archives: 1940s

Enlisted service women at Holy Names during WWII

The College of Holy Names hosted service women in its dormitory at 2036 Webster Street during World War II. The dormitory was located in the gymnasium and accommodated 30 women. Upon opening to the service women, the dormitory was visited … Continue reading

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment