Tag Archives: 1970s

Campus celebrates Founders’ Day

The HNU campus recently celebrated the anniversary of the arrival of the Sisters of Holy Names of Jesus and Mary in Oakland 146 years ago.

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958, College of the Holy Names 1957-1970, Holy Names College 1971-1990, Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

HNU historical mural in Hester Building

Check out the historical mural in the Michael and Maureen Hester Administration Building that documents HNU’s story—from the arrival of the first Sisters to the establishment of the college and its relocation to the Oakland Hills.    

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958, College of the Holy Names 1957-1970, Holy Names College 1971-1990, Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names old tennis courts

The Valley Center for the Performing Arts was constructed on this location in 1994.

Posted in Holy Names College 1971-1990 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Raskob Learning Institute and Day School

Posted in Holy Names College 1971-1990 | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Holy Names College coeds

In 1971, the College name changed to Holy Names College and became totally co-educational.

Posted in Holy Names College 1971-1990 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment