Tag Archives: campus

Campus celebrates Founders’ Day

The HNU campus recently celebrated the anniversary of the arrival of the Sisters of Holy Names of Jesus and Mary in Oakland 146 years ago.

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958, College of the Holy Names 1957-1970, Holy Names College 1971-1990, Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

HNU historical mural in Hester Building

Check out the historical mural in the Michael and Maureen Hester Administration Building that documents HNU’s story—from the arrival of the first Sisters to the establishment of the college and its relocation to the Oakland Hills.    

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958, College of the Holy Names 1957-1970, Holy Names College 1971-1990, Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names old tennis courts

The Valley Center for the Performing Arts was constructed on this location in 1994.

Posted in Holy Names College 1971-1990 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names Physics Lab

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names new campus in the Oakland hills

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Color photo of College of the Holy Names at Lake Merritt

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Mr Raskob walks with alumnae

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names dorm room, 1964

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names post, Lake Merritt

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Science class

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment