Tag Archives: etching

2036 Webster Street, Oakland

The Convent of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart was built at 2036 Webster Street, where the Kaiser Building is currently located, in 1868. This lithographic reproduction of a marvelous etching by M. J. Phelan, an artist born in Ireland … Continue reading

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment