Tag Archives: Henry J. Kaiser

College of the Holy Names circa 1890 and 1955

A big thanks to Lincoln Cushing, Digital Archivist – Communications Consultant, of Kaiser Permanente Heritage Resources, who sent us a couple really terrific photos originally from the Oakland Tribune. Enjoy! The Holy Names College graduates, 1890. Holy Names College on … Continue reading

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Out With the Old, In With the New

In 1957 the entire college moved from Lake Merritt to the new campus on Mountain Boulevard. The old property was sold to Henry Kaiser, its buildings demolished to make way for the Kaiser Building. Above, some alumni and SNJM Sisters … Continue reading

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958, Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , | 1 Comment