Tag Archives: SNJM

Unicef — Off to help the world’s children

College of the Holy Names Unicef collection, a photo by Holy Names University on Flickr. College of the Holy Names Unicef collection.

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Out With the Old, In With the New

In 1957 the entire college moved from Lake Merritt to the new campus on Mountain Boulevard. The old property was sold to Henry Kaiser, its buildings demolished to make way for the Kaiser Building. Above, some alumni and SNJM Sisters … Continue reading

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958, Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Merry Christmas from Holy Names University

College of the Holy Names students and a Sister look on as a priest blesses a tree they are planting (we think! — let us know if you know more about this photo in the comments).

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Registration Day

Sister Madeleine Rose oversees Registration Day.

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment