Tag Archives: students

The art of Louisa Jenkins’ Sophia Mural

The Spring 2012 issue of CA Modern, a magazine on Californian Mid-Century Modern architecture published by the Eichler Network, features a fascinating and colorful story on the art of mosaics, “Art Goes to Pieces.” In it, Senior Staff Writer David … Continue reading

Posted in Campus Construction 1955-1958 | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

College of the Holy Names old tennis courts

The Valley Center for the Performing Arts was constructed on this location in 1994.

Posted in Holy Names College 1971-1990 | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names card players

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names dorm room, 1964

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Science class

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names circa 1890 and 1955

A big thanks to Lincoln Cushing, Digital Archivist – Communications Consultant, of Kaiser Permanente Heritage Resources, who sent us a couple really terrific photos originally from the Oakland Tribune. Enjoy! The Holy Names College graduates, 1890. Holy Names College on … Continue reading

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Raskob Learning Institute and Day School

Posted in Holy Names College 1971-1990 | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Unicef — Off to help the world’s children

College of the Holy Names Unicef collection, a photo by Holy Names University on Flickr. College of the Holy Names Unicef collection.

Posted in College of the Holy Names 1957-1970 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

College of the Holy Names musical group

College of the Holy Names music group pose in festive formal gowns, with trumpet and violin.

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Merry Christmas from Holy Names University

College of the Holy Names students and a Sister look on as a priest blesses a tree they are planting (we think! — let us know if you know more about this photo in the comments).

Posted in Lake Merritt Campus 1868-1957 | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment