1. Watch the two 4-minute videos on resumes writing
2. Check out the Resume handout.
3. Go to Career Beam to use the Resume Builder
- Log on to Career Beam HERE.
- The first time you log in to Career Beam you will need to create an account.
- Go to the Resume module. You’ll find it under the “Getting the Job” tab
- Click on Preparing your resume for an overview of what goes in a resume guidelines, and samples.
- Use the Chronological Resume Builder to build your resume.
4. Make an appointment with the Career Center Director to have your new resume reviewed.
- Make an appointment on-line.
- Available appointment times can fill quickly and you will likely need to make revision to your resume after the appointment so be sure to allow yourself enough time before your assignment due date.
- Print out your resume and take it to your appointment.
4. Turn your revised resume in to your professor.