An excellent resume and cover letter get you an interview. A sub-par resume gets you ignored. Make the extra effort to get that interview. Here are some suggested activities to create a stellar resume and cover letter.
1. Watch the two 4-minute videos on resumes writing
2. Check out the Resume section on Career Beam
- Log on to Career Beam HERE.
- The first time you log in to Career Beam you will need to create an account.
- Go to the Resume module. You’ll find it under the “Getting the Job” tab
- Click on Preparing your resume for an overview of what goes in a resume guidelines, and samples.
- Use the Chronological Resume Builder to build your resume if you’d like.
3. Make an appointment with the Career Center Director to have your new resume reviewed.
schedule an appointment online
Check out this rubric to view the criteria used to evaluate your resume. Resume Rubric.