Saturday, May 4, 2013
Valley Center for Performing Arts, Holy Names University
Holy Names University and the Northern California Association of Kodály Educators will host the 17th annual Children’s Choral Festival on Saturday, May 4, 2013 . Founded by the Kodály Center for Music Education at Holy Names, the festival provides an opportunity for choirs from Northern California to work together on selected repertoire under the direction of a distinguished conductor and to perform for each other on stage.
Guest conductor for this year’s festival is Susan McMane, Artistic Director of Young Women’s Choral Projects, and until recently, Artistic Director of the San Francisco Girls Chorus. Past conductors of the festival include Judit Hartyányi, Vance George, Betty Bertaux, Sarolta Platthy, Lenke Igo, Ildikó Salgado, László Matos, David Xiques and Margaret Clark.
Morning session: 9:30-12:30 (Younger choirs)
- Children’s Choir of Chico (Cantiamo)
- Peninsula Girls Chorus (Allegra)
- Piedmont Girls’ Advanced Choir
- San Francisco Boys Chorus (Apprentice II)
- Vivace Youth Chorus (Intermediate Choir)
Afternoon session: 2:30-5:30 (Older choirs)
- Children’s Choir of Chico (Bel Canto)
- Peninsula Girls Chorus (Brava)
- Piedmont Girls’ Intermediate Chorus
- St. Mary’s Cathedral Choir of Boys and Girls