The Fall 2018 Housing Application process is underway! Please scroll down the page for details on how to apply for housing at Holy Names.
Through community and interactions, the Office of Housing & Residence Life promotes a living and learning environment that balances personal and academic growth and community well-being. We assist students in learning responsibility by holding them accountable for community standards.
Residence Life staff members are committed to helping residents create a positive living environment. Through programming and involvement in their community, students will be challenged and supported to develop their social, educational, recreational, and cultural understanding.
Living on campus is a unique opportunity to form new friendships and build strong ties with residents. Regardless of their origins and backgrounds, students are drawn together by their shared experiences in residential living.
Through engaging with the on-campus living experience, students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding that their personal choices affect their communal living environments
- Identify as a member of an open and welcoming residential community
- Articulate their understanding of the resources and offices available to enhance their HNU experience
- Develop and utilize communication and conflict resolution skills.
Whether you are beginning your collegiate experience or continuing your education, the Office of Housing & Residence Life encourages you to consider the many benefits of campus living and invites you to join our residence life community. Please feel free to browse through each of the links to find out more information about Housing & Residence Life and the services we provide. Any questions or comments can be directed to us via email or phone at email@example.com or (510) 436-1500. Thank you!
New students applying for Fall 2018 housing can expect to receive their housing assignments in late July/Early August via email.
New student move-in will take place starting at 8AM on Saturday, August 18.
Continuing student move-in will take place starting at 8AM on Monday, August 20.
Additional information about move-in will be provided to all students via email with their room assignment.
Please contact Director of Housing and Residence Life Justin Vacca with any questions or concerns.
Applying to live on campus is really quite simple! To begin the process, follow the below steps.
Please note, for CONTINUING students, the priority deadline to apply/submit materials (and be eligible for room selection night) is April 13, 2018.
For NEW students (incoming for Fall 2018), the priority deadline to apply/submit materials is June 15, 2018. Applications received after that date will be considered in the order they are received if space is available.
- Complete the Fall 2018 Housing application
- Submit your $100 Housing Deposit.
You can choose any of the below options in regards to making this payment:
- Pay your Housing Deposit online at the following address (copy and paste into your browser):
(selecting Housing Deposit as your payment option)
- Mail in cash, a check or a money order to:
Office of Housing and Residence Life
Holy Names University
3510 Mountain Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94619
- Turn in your cash, check or money order at the Housing and Residence Life Front Desk in Durocher Hall
- If your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) is zero, you may inquire about having the housing deposit waived.
- You must provide proof (the SAR section of your FAFSA or confirmation from your admissions counselor) in order to be waived of the deposit.
- Submit your Housing Acceptance Form. It is best to complete this when you send in or pay your $100 housing deposit.
- If waived of the $100 deposit (EFC = $0), you still need to complete the Housing Acceptance Form!
- New students only: submit your immunization records (including tetanus, MMR, TB, Hepatitis B. and meningococcal)
In addition to checking out our list of what to bring and frequently asked questions, parents and students are encouraged to visit the Residence Hall Linens Program page. This page has affordable options for high-quality bedding, bath and storage supplies for students that is guaranteed until graduation! They are the easiest, most convenient way to make sure your student has everything they need for their new "home away from home".
Additionally, please check out www.bedbandits.com for some great mattress toppers for our extra-long twin beds! For every three mattress toppers they sell to HNU students, they donate one to a shelter in the Oakland community.
Living on campus is not only a great time, but studies have shown that students who live on campus do better in classes and are all around more adjusted at the end of college. Living on campus is quite affordable and our residential communities offer you many options to choose from. If you are already interested in getting involved on campus, check out the Activities & Events Page. We have great leadership opportunities available, in addition to fun and exciting programs for you to attend!