An excellent résumé and cover letter get you an interview. A sub-par resume gets you ignored. Make the extra effort to get that interview. Here are some suggested activities to create a stellar résumé and cover letter.
1. Watch this short video on resume writing.
2. Check out the résumé section on Career Beam.
- Visit Career Beam HERE.
- The first time you log in to Career Beam you will need to create an account.
- Go to the “Getting the Job” tab and click on Résumé module
- Click on "Preparing your Resume" for an overview of what goes in a résumé, guidelines, and samples.
- Use the Chronological Résumé Builder to build your resume if you’d like.
3. Make an appointment with the Career Center Director to have your new résumé reviewed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out this rubric to view the criteria used to evaluate your résumé.