An excellent résumé and cover letter get you an interview. A sub-par resume gets you ignored. Make the extra effort to get that interview. Here are some suggested activities to create a stellar résumé and cover letter.
1. Watch this short video on resume writing.
2. Check out the résumé section on Career Beam.
- Visit Career Beam HERE.
- The first time you log in to Career Beam you will need to create an account.
- Go to the “Getting the Job” tab and click on Résumé module
- Click on "Preparing your Resume" for an overview of what goes in a résumé, guidelines, and samples.
- Use the Chronological Résumé Builder to build your resume if you’d like.
3. Make an appointment with the Career Center Director to have your new résumé reviewed.
schedule an appointment online
Check out this rubric to view the criteria used to evaluate your résumé.