While encouraged, participation in the ceremonies is not required. However, if you are participating, it is important that you attend the rehearsal. You must pay a graduation fee whether or not you participate in the ceremony.
Rehearsal for undergraduates, graduates, and credential and certificate students will be held on Wednesday, May 15 at 6:00 PM. Check-in will begin at 5:00 PM in front of the Library. This rehearsal is the opportunity for both you and us to accomplish many tasks in the fastest and most painless way! Graduates unable to attend rehearsal due to distance challenges need to contact Sister Carol Sellman before May 14 (firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-436-1265).
During the rehearsal we will:
- Hand out instructions regarding your responsibilities for each of the various ceremonies.
- Complete cards with the phonetic pronunciation of your name.
- Walk through the ceremonies.
- Discuss line-up procedures for both the hooding ceremony and Commencement.
- Distribute your parking permits for the commencement.
- Answer all those last minute questions!
We will make every attempt to limit the rehearsal to 60 minutes or less. Please be on time so that we can begin the rehearsal promptly at 6:00 PM.
Commencement Mass - Friday, May 17, 2013
The Commencement Mass is for undergraduates, graduates and credential/ certificate students. The Mass will be celebrated on Friday, May 17 at 5:30 PM in the McLean Chapel. The Catholic Mass is planned in part by members of the graduating class and much care is taken to include the diverse religious traditions present on campus. Academic gowns and hoods are worn for the Mass. Participation in the Mass is optional.
Commencement Ceremony - Saturday, May 18, 2013
The Commencement ceremony takes place on the lawn of the Corrigan Courtyard. Please make sure you and your guests are prepared for warm, sunny weather. In case of rain or inclement weather, the Tobin Gym will be the "rain site" for Commencement. If this is the case, special tickets will be issued as attendance will be limited.
- 11:00 a.m. in the Corrigan Courtyard
- Undergraduates check in no later that 10:20 a.m.
in Heafey 659/660
- Graduate and credential/certificate students check in no later than 10:20 a.m. in the upper hallway of the VCPA building
A designated spot will be provided for picture-taking during the ceremonies. Blocking the aisles will not be permitted.
Graduating students will receive 2 parking permits at Rehearsal for parking on the day of Commencement. One permit will be for on-campus parking and one will be for off-campus parking (COVA or First Covenant Church). An HNU shuttle will be provided to the off-campus parking lots. No buses/limos/shuttles/large vans will be permitted.