The HNU Public Market
The HNU Public Market provides a dynamic space for members of our campus community to enjoy fresh and local food while socializing, exchanging ideas, appreciating art, and listening to live music. Food and service is provided by The Epicurean Group, a company dedicated to sustainable dining that supports local, organic farms, and ranches. Their Sustainable Practices Pledge includes the following promises:
- Food is purchased locally and organic when possible.
- Local growers and artisan partners are choses for their high quality standards, environmental responsibility, and locations—all within 150 miles of our restaurants.
- Menus are developed according to the season, featuring natural foods.
- Chicken is purchased antibiotic-free.
We live and work by old-fashioned values. It's the way we provide the Epicurean Group experience . . . fresh. Honest. Local.
—Mary Clark Bartlett,
Founder and CEO,
- Tuna is purchased dolphin-free.
- 100% of seafood is purchased according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium "Seafood Watch Guidelines."
- Hamburger is made with fresh ground, grass-fed, or Niman Ranch beef.
- Featuring cage-free eggs.
- Fruits and vegetables are purchased fresh and natural and, whenever possible, organic.
- Stocks are made from scratch; never out of a can.
- Milk is free of antibiotics and artificial growth hormone.
- MSG is never used in our food preparation.
- Only canola and olive oil are used for cooking.
Public Market Hours