Holy Names University
HNU Homepage
Student Life
Holy Names University of Facebook
res-life-banner-2 res-life-banner-4 res-life-banner-1 res-life-banner-3 res-life-banner-5

Room Switch/Cancellation

Voluntary Termination of the Housing Contract

The housing application is a binding agreement. The terms of this contract and conditions for occupancy are for one academic year (from first day to last day of semester, or 24 hours after the student’s last scheduled examination in each semester according to the official university academic calendar, with the deadline being noon on the day the residence halls close). Students may choose to break their contract at any time, with the student’s account being credited on a prorated basis based on the student’s date of move out.

The student must go to the HNU Housing Website and must fill out a contract cancellation form to break the housing contract. When the Student Accounts Office has received notice of withdrawal from the Office of Residence Life, housing charges will be refunded according to the number of days a student has lived on campus up until the date of departure from the residence halls (please note that the housing deposit is nonrefundable).

Students who choose to cancel their year-long contracts will incur fees as described by the Room and Board Cancellation spreadsheet below. Students canceling their contracts because they will be studying abroad for the spring semester, student teaching, or graduating in December 2013, will not be charged a $300 contract breakage fee. Any students selecting to leave the residence halls for the spring 2014 semester, for any reason, must submit a contract cancellation to the Office of Housing & Residence Life no later than December 1, 2013.

Please click here to view room and board refund rates.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at residencelife@hnu.edu.

Semester Room Switch Process

Are you interested in switching rooms? Here's how it works:

  1. Contact your RA. They will be able to talk through your reason for switching and will be able to help you reach your ideal outcome.
  2. Your RA will convey the necessary information to the Assistant Director, who is in charge of room occupancy. In order for the room switch to take place between multiple parties, all of the residents involved must submit the room switch request form found on the forms page. The Assistant Director will contact you via email when the room switch may occur.
  3. If you do not know of someone to switch rooms with, please submit this form and you will be added to the wait list of students looking to change rooms. The Assistant Director will contact you via email when a room becomes available.
  4. If your room switch has been approved, you are required to properly check out of your old room with an RA, and then check into your new room. This will be done at a formally arranged meeting with an RA on duty.

Residents who wish to change rooms must complete the room switch request form for their preferred room, and they will be contacted with more details once that room becomes available. Only residents who have a room assignment may complete the wait list form.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at residencelife@hnu.edu.