HNU Student Employment
The Student Employment Program is designed to complement the overall learning experience at the HNU, while providing an important source of income to help fund the cost of education and ordinary living expenses. Emphasis is placed on providing practical work experience related to academic studies and other areas of interest, as well as allowing the student to explore career options.
Click here to download the Student Handbook.
How do I find a job on campus?
- Go to HNU HawkJobs
- Register for an account if you do not already have one using your my.hnu.edu email address.
- Go to documents, add new and upload your resume. If you need assistance creating a resume, there is a resume builder feature available under the documents tab. You may also contact the Career Counselor, Maureen Nikaido in Career Services (in the Student Success Center) to learn how to get started on a resume or to schedule a resume review.
- View open positions under the jobs and internships tab and select On-campus student jobs.
- Search the open positions and submit your resume for those you would like to apply for.
How do I find out about off-campus community service positions?
- Priority for these positions is given to Federal Work-Study recipients, but all students are encouraged to participate based on the availability of open positions.
- The services rendered in these positions are designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, and/or to solve problems related to their needs
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Click here to download the Supervisor Handbook.
How do I hire a student employee?
- Complete a Recruitment Authorization Form and send it to Alondra Maciel
- Once your position has been approved, access HNU HawkJobs via the Employer log-in page to post your job.
- Select student candidates and execute the interview process.
- Upon selecting a student to hire, sign and complete a Student Employment Contract and have your new student employee take the contract to the Financial Aid Office. Students will receive all employment paperwork from them at that time.
- Supervisors will receive a signed Forms Checklist from the Financial Aid Office via the student employee (students are required to bring this checklist to their supervisor) to verify that the student has successfully submitted all necessary employment paperwork to Financial Aid and is officially ready to begin working.
Who to Contact for Assistance:
- Alondra Maciel , Financial Aid Counselor (and Student Employment Coordinator)
- Maureen Nikaido, Associate Director of Student Success/Career Counselor (for assistance with HawkJobs or job search tools)