VA Yellow Ribbon Program
What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) provides matching funds from the Department of Veterans Affairs as a supplement to the Post – 9/11 GI Bill.
These additional funds give eligible vets access to undergraduate (and graduate) programs at private universities that were not previously available.
The program is effective August 1, 2009.
Yellow Ribbon Eligibility Requirements
Individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding. You may be eligible if you:
- Have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post – 9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
There is no minimum number of credit hours required for participation and awards will continue in subsequent years in which the student maintains satisfactory progress, conduct and attendance.
- Step 1: If eligible, students should apply for benefits under the Post – 9/11 GI Bill with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Step 2: Apply for admission to Holy Names University. You can start the application process by clicking here.
- Step 3: Upon acceptance to HNU, forward your Certificate of Eligibility to the Registrar and Financial Aid Office to be considered for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Holy Names University also works with veterans receiving benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP), Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA), and Vocational Rehabilitation.
If you would like to speak directly with one of our admissions counselors, you can contact Steve Spencer at (510) 436-1124 or email@example.com.
For additional information, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website or the Yellow Ribbon Program FAQ.