At Holy Names University, you will learn what it means to be a citizen of the world: a creative, self-reliant, and critical thinking individual who serves others as a leader for positive social change.
Top Ten Things to do @ HNU
When You are Done Studying
- Pursue social justice work on your own or through the Center for Social Justice and Civic Engagement
- Experience HNU's longstanding traditions
- Hang out in the "Long Lounge" in the Student Center
- Get lunch in the Public Market and eat in the Hawk's Nest or Mealy Living Room while you play pool or watch TV
- Enjoy Coffee in Rosie's Cafe or lunch near the Grotto in the St. Francis Courtyard
- Relax in one of the seven courtyards on campus
- Enjoy the stunning views of Oakland, San Francisco, and the Bay from the balcony of the Chapel or watch the deer and the sunset from the Rose Garden
- Workout in the Fitness Center at the Tobin Gym
- Attend an intercollegiate athletic contest
- Connect with your friends on Facebook from anywhere on campus
Click here for a list of Oakland restaurants.
Read "36 Hours in Oakland" in The New York Times, and see where they included Oakland at spot #5 in their article "The 45 Places to Go in 2012".