Voluntary Termination of the Housing Contract
The housing application is a binding agreement. The terms of this contract and conditions for occupancy are for one academic year (from first day to last day of semester, or 24 hours after the student’s last scheduled examination in each semester according to the official university academic calendar, with the deadline being noon on the day the residence halls close). Students may choose to break their contract at any time, with the student’s account being credited on a prorated basis based on the student’s date of move out.
The student must meet with the Director of Housing & Residence Life to break the housing contract. When the Student Accounts Office has received notice of withdrawal from the Office of Residence Life, housing charges will be refunded according to the Room and Board Cancellation & Refund spreadsheet below. (please note that the housing deposit is nonrefundable).
Students who choose to cancel their year-long contracts will incur fees as described by the Room and Board Cancellation & Refund spreadsheet below. Students canceling their contracts because they will be studying abroad for the spring semester, student teaching, or graduating in December, will not be charged a contract breakage fee. Any students selecting to leave the residence halls before the spring semester begins, for any reason, must meet with or contact the Director of Housing & Residence Life no later than December 1st.
Please click here to view room and board refund rates.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Room Switch/Change Process
Are you interested in switching rooms? Below is how the process works. Please note that no room changes are permitted within the first two weeks of either semester.
- Contact your resident assistant (RA). They will be able to talk through your reason for switching and will be able to help you reach your ideal outcome.
- If the room switch is due to a roommate conflict, we will ask questions regarding what conflicts have arisen and what has been done to resolve those conflicts. If necessary, a roommate mediation will be scheduled to renegotiate the roommate contract that you established. This mediation may involve your RA or one of the Graduate Assistant Hall Directors.
- After the mediation, a period of two weeks is required to pass before further inquiring about a room change. If, after two weeks, conlfict is still occurring in the room to the extent where a room change is requested, you may follow-up with your RA who will speak with the Director of Housing & Residence Life, who is in charge of room occupancy.
- The Director will provide room change options that are currently available at the time of your request to move. If moving to another room is determined to be the best option, the Director will explain the steps necessary to move out of your current room and move into your new housing assignment.
- Once your room switch has been approved, you are required to properly check out of your old room with the GA for Housing Operations, and then check into your new room. This will be done at a formally arranged meeting with the GA for Housing Operations.
- If you are looking to swap places with another resident (swapping roommates), all of the residents involved must meet with the Director of Housing & Residence Life. If all parties agree to the room swap, the Director will contact everyone via email when the room switch may occur.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Justin Vacca (firstname.lastname@example.org).