The Student Success and Retention office is dedicated to ensuring that Holy Names University students are supported from enrollment to degree completion by offering programs and services that help to empower and educate. We are committed to respecting the dignity of our diverse student population. In collaboration with other departments on campus, we work to build a comprehensive network to support the academic, personal, and social success of all students.
Student Success and Retention is available to all students and our primary goals are to solve student problems and help students to be the most successful college student they can be. We meet with students for a variety of reasons including:
- Goal Planning
- Time Management
- Organization and Study Skills
- Problem Solving
- Helping students communicate with faculty & staff
- Taking a Leave of Absence or Withdrawing
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Semester Progress Reports
- Answering questions and directing students to campus offices and resources
- Excel Program
- The purpose of the Excel Program is to provide mentorship, goal-planning, and guidance to incoming first year traditional undergraduate students who are identified during the admissions programs as could benefit from additional support during their first year.