Spring Blackboard Course Sites Now Available to Faculty
Your Spring 2018 Blackboard "course shells" (i.e. empty Blackboard course sites) have been created. Please follow the steps below to start working in Blackboard.
1. Confirm that you can access your course(s).
- Go to the https://blackboard.hnu.edu
- Log in with your Blackboard username and password. Note: If you forgot your password, click "Forgot Your Password” on the login page (under the password entry box). Follow the prompts to reset your password. If you do not have Blackboard login credentials, please contact the IT Helpdesk.
- After you log in, you should see a list of your Spring courses in both the My Institution tab and the Courses tab located at the top of the page. Spring course titles start with 18SS, 18S3, or 18S4. If you can’t easily find your spring courses, take a look at this guide on editing your course list.
- If after following these steps, you still can’t find your Spring 2018 course(s), please contact the IT Helpdesk.
2. If you are teaching cross-listed courses or multiple sections of the same course that you would like combined, file a help ticket with IT to request a course merge. Learn how.
3. Unlock your spring courses (make them available to students).
All Blackboard courses are set to unavailable (locked) when they are created. This means that your students will not be able to see your courses in Blackboard until you make them “available” or unlock them. A recent upgrade to the Blackboard makes it easier to do this than ever before. Just click on the lock icon located at the top of your course homepage (see video).
If you have questions about setting up your Blackboard courses or would like Blackboard training, please contact CETL. We are available for one-on-one coaching and group training sessions.